Microsoft Dynamics GP
ArrMaz had a need to manage their Capital Acquisition Requests. All requests were being handled on a spreadsheet managed by one person. Communication on the status of requests and approvals was performed via email. As a result, the requisition process would often be delayed. Management needed to improve the efficiency of this process.
What we did
Custom Solution Development
- Capital Acquisition Request (CAR) – a pre-configured SharePoint workflow for management of capital purchase requests:
Using standard SharePoint approval workflow & dashboards, team has a complete view of the approval process; where things stand and exactly what needs to happen next in the process.
- Managers can request more information prior to approval or if rejected, provide detailed explanations.
- The purchasing manager then uses the information to create the PO’s needed to fulfill the requests.
- Members from different departments are notified when their input in the process is needed.
- Deployed through a web form, team members can contribute anytime, from anywhere.
Since deploying Capital Acquisition Request, ArrMaz has gained complete control over the status of all of their requests. Requestors and managers now have the ability to monitor every step of the process and requests are no longer delayed waiting in someone’s inbox.
When Breitling set out to open its flagship Manhattan retail store—the first in its 128-year history, it presented a need for a fundamental adjustment to their business management system, Dynamics GP, to incorporate new data, new uses for that data and many new layers of complexity.
What we did
- Microsoft RMS (POS System)
Instantaneous and automatic updating of inventory transfers, sales orders and customer information.
- RMS (POS) to GP
- GP to CRM
- Matched workflows within Dynamics GP & CRM to actual company procedures
- Andosi leveraged GP’s Field Service modules to create an equipment record at the time of purchase that links to the customer and to the specific serial number so that the watch can be tracked when it comes in for service or repair eliminating the need to manually enter in GP.
- A POS (Microsoft Retail Management System RMS) that automatically shares data with Dynamics GP and CRM.
- Detailed reporting, including control over GP’s native sales allocation methodology allowing income to be booked to separate ledger accounts to easily segregate revenue by product and sales location
- Automatic tracking of each watch’s service record, warranty, serial number and ownership details without inconveniencing the customer or requiring significant data entry.
- More efficient returns handling using aRMA
As of today, we still find that there was absolutely nothing that went wrong. It’s unheard of and shows the professionalism that surrounded the project.
–Sebastien Amstutz, VP of Breitling USA, Inc.
This page is currently under construction. Please check back shortly for updates.
Shuffle Master has unique processes and regulatory requirements that impact every stage of the sales, development, production and delivery process. Overtime departments developed their own methodologies, tribal knowledge spread throughout the company, silos formed and an overall lack of collaboration resulted in more and more information being processed outside of Shuffle Master’s already disparate systems.
Meeting customer needs in an efficient and profitable manner became more difficult as the company grew. Overtime production times increased, order accuracy decreased and Shuffle Master was caught in a reactive cycle, putting out fires instead of building strategies that focused on business health. Says Kim Vukonovich, Chief Operating Officer, “As we began to grow, scaling became more difficult. It was very clear to us that we needed a major overhaul of our basic tier 1 infrastructure in order to have a solid platform to build the company on and grow it even faster.”
What we did
Dynamics GP & CRM
- Upgraded Dynamics GP
- Consolidated/synchronized chart of accounts across offices worldwide
- Redefined Sales Order processes and workflows
- Customized CRM to Shuffle Master, Inc.’s specific workflows
- Dynamics GP to CRM
- Product Configurator (custom) to Dynamics GP & CRM
Custom Application Development
- Item Master – A SharePoint web-based application used to manage the approval process of changing inventory items, reducing approvals from 2+ weeks to less than 2 days.
- GreenLight – automatically tracks compliance, in a heavily regulated industry, of every order at the time the order is created, again when the order is configured or customized and again before production.
- Product Configurator – Automation of the time consuming and cumbersome pick/pack/ship process of customized and highly complicated orders.
- Fully integrated system – no manual entering, re-entering and/or paper processes
- Fundamentally changed Sales Order Process, eliminating unnecessary touch points between order submission and order delivery
- Regulatory compliance made easier
- Increase in efficiency – many time intensive tasks eliminated or greatly reduced freeing up resources to shift their focus on adding value
- Better reporting – Increased visibility in Sales, Production and the Supply Chain
Straight Arrow’s knowledge and level of detail was impressive, but the most surprising part of working with them was how well they worked with our team. Their calm and professional demeanor throughout the project put people at ease and everyone clicked from day one. The relationship was truly unique, in that you just don’t see that level of trust, bonding and collaboration.
– Blake Garrabrant, VP of Information Technology
With the recent release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 comes an exciting new feature: the Web Client.